Monday, September 8, 2014

Gallatin, TN: The Corn Crib

Cassidy: Ah, this post is long overdue. I feel like procrastinating is always the best answer whenever you hit a point of writer's block. Ben just told me that he doesn't remember this day at all. I remember perfectly, because he was pissed off about having to spend five dollars. One of my favorite things about living on this Earth is that there are cool things on almost every inch of it. Really. Go one town over and tell me if you don't find at least one thing in it that is pretty rad. Gallatin is an example of my belief in the whole every-town-is-a-cool-town theory.

Ben: First things first: Pizza. One of the first things I noticed coming into this town was this awesome place called The Pizza Machine (now moved to a new location). It looked really cool on the inside; it reminded me of a peanut related board-game that I used to play where you try not to get caught by the deranged half-man, half-machine chef who captures you and turns you into peanut butter. Anyways, I did not get any pizza in there because I am really cheap and we were going to Cici's Pizza Buffet later that night. RIP.


Ben: This is a pizza lamp. End of sentence. 

Ben: These are raisins below a lamp. End of sentence.
Cassidy: We saw these dudes at a great place called The Marketplace at Amberleaf.
Ben: Despite my joke, I actually want to say more about these raisins men. I enjoy their aesthetic. 

Cassidy: Middle age is all the rage.


Ben: Ah, the essentials of film. An empty film reel, a small popcorn bucket, and...

Ben: A big ticket pillow.

Cassidy: We've been trying to think of how to caption this photo, and Ben said that he doesn't know what to say about selfies. Welcome to 2014. 


Cassidy: Swooning.


Cassidy: I'm glad that you all are finally getting to see my house. This is it, everyone. 

Cassidy: Welcome to my crib. My corn crib.



Ben: This is my best friend, Joseph Pope.

Ben: Me and Joseph - 
Cassidy: Do you want me to write "Joseph and I?" 
Ben: No. Me and Joseph have been friends for fifteen years. 

1 comment: