Thursday, May 18, 2017

Four Restaurants You Have to Try in Clarksville, Tenn.

Are you making the move to Tennessee's Top Spot? I'm here to help you with the most burning question any transplant has about their new town: Where the heck am I going to eat? Never fear, folks! I've compiled a beginners guide to my favorite eateries in Clarksville, Tennessee. Get your forks, stomachs, and taste buds prepped.

1. Smokin Chikin


Nashville might reign hot chicken champion, but Queen City serves up some delicious rotisserie poultry. Smokin Chikin boasts a hefty menu of unique flavors and knock-your-socks-off sides that you won't find anywhere else. For those who prefer their food spicy, I recommend ordering the Tandoori option. If you need your chicken on the milder side, the Caribbean BBQ marinade is a consistent crowd pleaser. What's my choice for sides? You can't go wrong with hummus and island fried rice. Patrons even have the option of upgrading to premium, gourmet, and "loaded" sides (BBQ loaded fries are definitely on my radar).

2. La Casa Taqueria


Nothing entices me more than tacos and low prices. La Casa Taqueria blends the best of both worlds with their outstanding street tacos and affordable entrees. Only have $5 to spare for lunch? No problem. La Casa Taqueria's street tacos come in at only $1 a pop. Restaurant goers can choose from meats such as chicken, steak, pork, beef tongue, and more! If you're a breakfast lover, La Casa Taqueria serves desayuno dishes all day. The "Burrito A La Mexicana" is a personal favorite - plus, it's vegetarian friendly!

3. JibBop


Here is my rule for spiciness: If I'm not crying, it isn't hot enough. JibBop, a Korean restaurant in the heart of Clarksville, satisfies all of my dietary needs. It's scrumptious, spicy, and filling. Since I'm freshly graduated from college, I typically stick with JibBop's "cupbop" options. The Jeyuk Bokeum cupbop ordered "very spicy" style is truly one of the best dishes I've ever consumed. It's filled to the brim with rice, noodles, spicy pork, and two dumplings. At $7 a cup, you won't find a more delicious and affordable meal near Clarksville's center.


4. Roux


Although it has only been open a few months, Roux quickly earned a spot on the top of my "Places You Must Eat in Clarksville" list. In the mood for some authentic Cajun food? Roux has it. The Crawfish Bread appetizer had us audibly yum-ing until the plate was clean. For my entrĂ©e, I decided to go with the Crawfish Etouffee. It was masterfully flavorful, accompanied by French bread to soak up the etouffee goodness. My advice? Grab dinner at Roux and catch a show at the Roxy!


No comments:

Post a Comment